COVID-19 forced MLB to push back Opening Day, which was scheduled to take place on March 26. However, baseball is pulling out all the stops in an attempt to entertain fans on Thursday anyway.
Among the games that will be replayed is the Phillies 7-5 win over the Chicago Cubs on Aug. 15, 2019. You may remember that as the game that Bryce Harper hit a walk-off grand slam while the Phillies rocked their powder blue throwback jerseys. The home run – which featured an iconic television call from Tom McCarthy and John Kruk – checked in at No. 5 on Phillies Nation‘s countdown of the top 10 Phillies home runs in Citizens Bank Park history.
The win, which helped the Phillies to complete a three-game sweep of the Cubs, will be shown in its entirety on MLB’s official Twitter account (@MLB) at 9 a.m. ET on Thursday.
Below is the full schedule of games that will be broadcast on Thursday, in place of what was supposed to be Opening Day:
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation’s Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Gabe Kapler
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Nation 2020 Season Preview: Héctor Neris
- Joe Girardi Says Hector Neris Will Be Closer
- First Look: Power Blue Jerseys With Nike Swoosh
- How Good Could The 2006 Phillies Have Been With The DH?
- Could A Shortened Season Change What Position Scott Kingery Plays?
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘We Need Him Here’
- Phillies Nation Podcast: Most Memorable 2013 Moments