Nothing gets by us at Phillies Nation.
Our own Destiny Lugardo was able to obtain a picture of the Philadelphia Phillies alternate powder blue throwback jerseys featuring the Nike Swoosh that will be added to all jerseys this season:
We’ve previously revealed the Nike Swoosh on the Phillies home, road and cream alternate jerseys. The Swoosh is red on both the home and road jerseys, and dark blue on the cream alternates. The powder blue jerseys are the first one that feature “nike” written out inside a hollow Swoosh. Notably, the Swoosh is gold, not maroon.
2020 is the first season that Nike is the on-field apparel provider of MLB. Previously, Majestic had supplied MLB uniforms, and their logo was on the left sleeve, which, for better or for worse, was much less noticeable.
In 2018, the Phillies began wearing their powder blue jerseys – made famous as a road jersey during the 1970s and 1980s – for every game played at Citizens Bank Park on a Thursday as part of their #ThrowbackThursday promotion. The Phillies will host the Milwaukee Brewers on April 2, a Thursday, for their home opener, but will don their typical pinstriped jerseys because it’s the first game at Citizens Bank Park of the season. It won’t be until May 14 that the Phillies host another home game on a Thursday. That matchup, against the Los Angeles Dodgers, will likely feature the debut of the gold Nike Swoosh.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation’s Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects
- How Much Room Do The Phillies Have Under The Luxury Tax Threshold?
- 6 Players Have Better NL MVP Odds Than Bryce Harper
- Former Phillie Jose Bautista Attempting Comeback As Two-Way Player
- Matt Klentak: It’s Time To Play In October
- How Good Could The 2006 Phillies Have Been With The DH?
- Odubel Herrera: I’m Sorry To The Fans And The Organization
- Andy MacPhail Hopes Phillies Will Exceed Luxury Tax In 2020
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘We Need Him Here’
- The Phillies Are Sporting New Helmets In 2020