The Philadelphia Phillies will commemorate the 40th anniversary of their 1980 World Series championship this season. In honor of the first team championship in franchise history, the team has added two new promotional items to help the fans celebrate.
The Phillies promotional schedule now lists two giveaways during the team’s alumni weekend. The first night of this extended weekend, Thursday, Aug. 6, will include a replica 1980 World Series ring giveaway. Sunday, Aug. 9 is the last day of the celebration, when the team will give away Tug McGraw bobble figurines.
The Coca-Cola Mike Schmidt World Champions Replica Ring will be given out prior to the team’s game against the Cincinnati Reds. This giveaway is for fans who are 15 or older:
That Sunday’s game against the San Francisco Giants will have a giveaway of Tug McGraw bobble figurines prior the the 1:05 start. The figurine depicts the former closer’s pose after securing the final out of the 1980 World Series. This giveaway is available to fans of all ages:
The weekend of these giveaways will host other events to celebrate Phillies alumni and specifically that 1980 team. It will also include the induction of Manny Trillo onto the Phillies Wall of Fame on Aug. 8.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation’s Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Gabe Kapler
- How Much Room Do The Phillies Have Under The Luxury Tax Threshold?
- Former Phillie Jose Bautista Attempting Comeback As Two-Way Player
- Joe Girardi Says Hector Neris Will Be Closer
- First Look: Power Blue Jerseys With Nike Swoosh
- How Good Could The 2006 Phillies Have Been With The DH?
- Odubel Herrera: I’m Sorry To The Fans And The Organization
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘We Need Him Here’
- The Phillies Are Sporting New Helmets In 2020