Bryce Harper announced on his Instagram on Thursday that he is donating $500,000 to Coronavirus relief efforts in Philadelphia and Las Vegas:
According to a report from John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia, Harper, along with teammate Andrew McCutchen, has also offered financial help to Phillies minor leaguers. Rhys Hoskins, Scott Kingery, Aaron Nola, Vince Velasquez and Andrew Knapp also announced on their social media pages that they have joined the Philly Pledge, an effort upstarted by Sixers star Ben Simmons to help Philadelphia non-profits fight COVID-19 and provide resources to those in need. Supporters of the Philly Pledge also include Eagles star Zach Ertz and Flyers captain Claude Giroux.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation’s Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Gabe Kapler
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Joe Girardi Says Hector Neris Will Be Closer
- First Look: Power Blue Jerseys With Nike Swoosh
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- How Good Could The 2006 Phillies Have Been With The DH?
- Could A Shortened Season Change What Position Scott Kingery Plays?
- You Can Now Watch Past Phillies Games For Free On MLB.TV