Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
April 29, 2016- Phillies 4, Indians 3
On a cold, dreary Friday night, 19,000 fans stood in Citizens Bank Park to take in good pitching and extra innings. Philadelphia Phillies and Cleveland Indians hitters combined for seven runs and two home runs over 11 innings.
In his first start of 2016 for the Phillies, Adam Morgan cruised through the Indians lineup until he reached a hiccup third time through the lineup in the fifth inning. Pitcher Corey Kluber reached on a double and was later brought in by centerfielder Rajai Davis put the Indians up 1-0. Jason Kipnis followed Davis with a home run just over the right-field fence, putting the Indians up 3-0.
The Phillies tied it up with three runs of their own in the bottom half of the inning with RBIs coming from David Lough, Darin Ruf and Carlos Ruiz.
After six scoreless innings from both bullpens carried the game into extras, Ryan Howard ended the night in typical fashion. On a 3-2 count, “The Big Piece” crushed a 95 mph fastball deep to right field to walk it off:
It was Howard’s sixth walk-off in his career, at the time, and first walk-off home run since May 28, 2014, against the Colorado Rockies.
Howard’s heroics moved the Phillies winning streak to four straight and seven in the last eight to put them at 13-10 on the season. It also put the Phillies three games over .500 for the first time since Sept. 10, 2012.
- Rajai Davis, CF
- Jason Kipnis, 2B
- Francisco Lindor, SS
- Michael Brantley, LF
- Mike Napoli, 1B
- Yan Gomes, C
- Marlon Byrd, RF
- Juan Uribe, 3B
- Corey Kluber, P
- Odubel Herrea, CF
- Freddy Galvis, SS
- Maikel Franco, 3B
- Ryan Howard, 1B
- Carlos Ruiz, C
- Cesar Hernandez, 2B
- David Lough, LF
- Adam Morgan, P
- Peter Bourjos, RF
You can watch the full game by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “CLE at PHL April 29, 2016” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Top Position Prospect Alec Bohm Hires Scott Boras As Agent
- Phillies Uniforms Ranked Fourth Best In MLB
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Raul Ibanez Is Interested In Managing When The Time Is Right
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Larry Bowa Thinks DH Should Become Universal Or Be Eliminated
- Watch: Chase Utley Surprises Philadelphia Doctor On Intentional Talk
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘I Want Him More Than Anything’
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- Joe Girardi Gushes About Bryce Harper: ‘He’s Such A Good Person’