Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
After getting shutout by Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels in the first two games of the series, the San Diego Padres thought they were catching a break when Joe Blanton was scheduled to pitch. That didn’t seem to be the case as Blanton, who came into this game with a 7.27 ERA to start the 2011 season, threw seven innings while only allowing two earned runs.
In the top of the eleventh, Ryan Howard came up to bat with men on first and third with two away. He was gifted a fastball in the middle of the plate and drove the pitch over left fielder Ryan Ludwick’s head. Plácido Polanco and Jimmy Rollins scored and the Phillies were well on their way to their tenth consecutive victory at Petco Park, sending the traveling Philly fans back to their hotels happy.
- Shane Victorino, center field
- Pete Orr, second base
- Jimmy Rollins, shortstop
- Ryan Howard, first base
- Ben Francisco, right field
- Raúl Ibañez, left field
- Brian Schneider, catcher
- Wilson Valdez, third base
- Joe Blanton, pitcher
- Cameron Maybin, center field
- Jason Bartlett, shortstop
- Orlando Hudson, second base
- Nick Hundley, catcher
- Jorge Cantú, third base
- Ryan Ludwick, left field
- Brad Hawpe, first base
- Will Venable, right field
- Tim Stauffer, pitcher
You can watch the full game down below or by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “PHI at SDN – April 23, 2011” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Bryce Harper Texted Nationals Manager To Encourage Him During World Series Run
- Forbes Says Phillies Are Now Worth 2 Billion
- Watch: Chase Utley Surprises Philadelphia Doctor On Intentional Talk
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘I Want Him More Than Anything’
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- Raúl Ibañez Is Interested In Managing When The Time Is Right
- Joe Girardi Gushes About Bryce Harper: ‘He’s Such A Good Person’