It took 12 innings, but the Phillies were able to finish off their homestand with a win against the Cincinnati Reds.
Shortstop J.P. Crawford got the scoring started in the bottom of the second with his first career home run to make it 2-0. César Hernández added another run on a solo home run in the fifth inning, but not before the Reds scored two in the top of the fourth against Nick Pivetta.
The Phillies held a 3-2 lead into the top of the ninth behind a strong outing by Pivetta and clean work from Adam Morgan, but Héctor Neris had his first blown save of the season on an RBI single by Phil Ervin that left the game tied.
Things stayed scoreless until the bottom of the 12th, when Scott Kingery came up with men on the corner and just one out. Kingery, who smashed a grand slam in the previous game, hit a fly ball deep enough to right field to score Pedro Florimon from third to give the Phillies a 4-3 win.
- Jesse Winker, left field
- José Peraza, second base
- Joey Votto, first base
- Scooter Gennett, second base
- Devin Mesoraco, catcher
- Phil Ervin, right field
- Phil Gosselin, third base
- Luis Castillo, pitcher
- Billy Hamilton, center field
- César Hernández, second base
- Scott Kingery, third base
- Odubel Herrera, center field
- Carlos Santana, first base
- Maikel Franco, third base
- Nick Williams, left field
- Jorge Alfaro, catcher
- Nick Pivetta, pitcher
- J.P. Crawford, shortstop
You can watch the full game down below or by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the Youtube app. Just put in ‘CIN at PHI April 11 2018’ into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Gabe Kapler
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Andrew McCutchen Says He’ll Lead Off When 2020 Season Begins
- Forbes Says Phillies Are Now Worth 2 Billion
- Bryce Harper On J.T. Realmuto: ‘I Want Him More Than Anything’
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- Zack Wheeler On Latest MLB Proposal: ‘That’s Not Going To Work’
- Joe Girardi Gushes About Bryce Harper: ‘He’s Such A Good Person’
- Sportsradio 94 WIP To Air 4 Classic Phillies Games In April