As we wait on the 2020 MLB season to begin, you can listen to a quartet of classic Philadelphia Phillies games this month.
SportsRadio 94 WIP will air four iconic Phillies games called by Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen in April as part of their “Only The Wins” series.
On Tuesday, April 7, the station will replay the full radio broadcast of Roy Halladay’s 2010 perfect game at 7 p.m. ET. May 29 is the 10th anniversary of Halladay tossing the second perfect game in franchise history. The Phillies had planned to retire Halladay’s No. 34 that night prior to their game against the Washington Nationals. Due to Covid-19, it’s unclear if that event will still take place as scheduled.
The Phillies dramatic 2008 National League East-clinching victory over the the Nationals will be re-aired on Tuesday, April 14 at 7 p.m. ET. This win helped the Phillies to clinch their second consecutive National League East title and keep Brad Lidge’s perfect season intact.
Game 1 of the 2008 World Series – which featured an early home run from Chase Utley and a strong performance from Cole Hamels – will air on Tuesday, April 21 at 7 p.m. ET.
Finally, on Tuesday, April 28, WIP will air Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS against the Los Angeles Dodgers at 7 p.m. ET. You may better remember this as the night that Matt Stairs said he “started drinking for free in Philly.”
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation’s Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Gabe Kapler
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Seranthony Dominguez Recommended For Tommy John Surgery
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- MLB Could Cancel All-Star Game, Move World Series To Dodger Stadium
- How Good Could The 2006 Phillies Have Been With The DH?
- Could A Shortened Season Change What Position Scott Kingery Plays?
- You Can Now Watch Past Phillies Games For Free On MLB.TV