Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular-season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
May 31, 2018 – Phillies 2, Dodgers 1
The Philadelphia Phillies rode a strong outing from starting pitcher Aaron Nola in an afternoon game in Los Angeles, beating the Dodgers 2-1. Nola pitched seven innings of one-run baseball and earned his seventh victory of the season. Nola’s catcher Jorge Alfaro also had a big day for the Phillies, not only catching the strong pitching performance but providing two big hits at the plate as well.
Alfaro drove in both runs for the team. A second-inning single off Clayton Kershaw scored Maikel Franco — despite the fact that Franco missed home plate. The Dodgers failed to appeal and the run counted:
The catcher then doubled home Scott Kingery in the seventh against Josh Fields. Alfaro was thrown out trying to stretch his hit to a triple, but still gave the Phillies the winning run.
Rookie reliever Seranthony Domínguez was brought into the game in the eighth inning. He pitched two innings without allowing a baserunner to close out the game. Domínguez secured his second save of the season and the win for the Phillies.
- César Hernández, second base
- Aaron Altherr, right field
- Odúbel Herrera, center field
- Carlos Santana, first base
- Maikel Franco, third base
- Nick Williams, left field
- Scott Kingery, shortstop
- Jorge Alfaro, catcher
- Aaron Nola, pitcher
- Joc Pederson, left field
- Max Muncy, first base
- Justin Turner, third base
- Yasmani Grandal, catcher
- Cody Bellinger, center field
- Yasiel Puig, right field
- Breyvic Valera, second base
- Kiké Hernández, shortstop
- Clayton Kershaw, pitcher
You can watch the full game by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put “PHI AT LAN – May 31, 2018” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 5 Things We Learned From Bryce Harper’s Incredibly Honest Interview
- MVP Voting Was Ridiculously Unkind To Chase Utley
- Power-Hitting Prospect Darick Hall Will Look To Continue His Approach When Baseball Returns
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- A Look Back At Some Phillies’ High School Careers In Other Sports
- Ruben Amaro Jr. Says He Never Wanted To Trade Cliff Lee
- Bryce Harper Says MLB Players Should Play In Olympics To Grow Sport
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- Bryce Harper: ‘Blackouts Are Killing The Game’
- These 10 Players Have Made The Most Money As Phillies