May 1, 2010- Phillies 10 Mets 0
This game had it all. On a warm May afternoon in South Philadelphia, over 45,000 fans packed the stands at Citizens Bank Park to take in not only a rivalry matchup between the top two teams, at the time, in the NL East standings but also a great pitching matchup. Phillies and Mets hitters combined for 16 hits, three of which only came off a bat from a Mets player.
Coming off a 9-1 loss the night before, the Phillies had their ace on the mound looking to turn the page. Doc provided with the right prescription to stop a red hot Mets team who entered the afternoon on an eight-game winning streak. His final line was: 9 IP, 0 R, 6 K, 1 BB.
Charlie Manuel’s squad finally got to Mets pitcher Mike Pelfrey in the fourth inning. With two on, two outs, and a 2-2 count Shane Victorino put the cherry on top for the inning with a line-drive three-run home run over the right-field fence. Victorino’s home run broke the game open 6-0.
The Phillies would then go on to score two runs in both the fifth and eighth inning and cruise to a 10-0 victory.
As his career showed, Halladay found ways to complete games like no other. In his first outing and taste against the rivals, Halladay found himself reach the ninth inning thanks to throwing just 34 pitches over the fourth to the eighth inning.
Doc’s performance against the Mets continued his impressive start with his new club. In his first six starts, he posted a 5-1 record that consisted of three complete games, including two complete-game shutouts in a span of three starts.
- Angel Pagan, CF
- Alex Cora, 2B
- Jose Reyes, SS
- Jason Bay, LF
- David Wright, 3B
- Ike Davis, 1B
- Jeff Francoeur, RF
- Henry Blanco, C
- Mike Pelfrey, P
- Shane Victorino, CF
- Placido Polanco, 3B
- Chase Utley, 2B
- Ryan Howard, 1B
- Jayson Werth, RF
- Raul Ibanez, LF
- Juan Castro, SS
- Carlos Ruiz, C
- Roy Halladay, P
You can watch the full game by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “NYM at PHL May 01, 2010” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Raul Ibanez Is Interested In Managing When The Time Is Right
- Scott Kingery Opens Up On The Challenges Of Playing Multiple Positions
- Phillies Uniforms Ranked Fourth Best In MLB
- Pitching Prospect Damon Jones Is Staying Ready For Next Opportunity, Whenever It May Come
- Larry Bowa Thinks DH Should Become Universal Or Be Eliminated
- Watch: Chase Utley Surprises Philadelphia Doctor On Intentional Talk
- Jared Hughes Tells Funny Story About J.T. Realmuto’s Reaction To Viral Meme
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- Joe Girardi Gushes About Bryce Harper: ‘He’s Such A Good Person’