Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
May 15, 2012- Phillies 4, Astros 3
In the top of the sixth inning, Hunter Pence came up to bat with the Phillies leading 2-0. With a 2-2 count, Pence launched a fly ball to the opposite field for his eighth home run on the season. He returned to the dugout and was greeted by a young fan in the front row holding a sign that said “All I want for my birthday is a Hunter Pence home run.” He got two of those.
Pence, however, would not have needed to hit a second home run if he had made a clean play on J.D. Martinez’s base hit in the top of the ninth. He was given the opportunity to redeem himself in the tenth inning against former Phillie Brett Myers. Pence pulled a ball to left field that barely scraped the fence for his third career walk-off home run.
- José Altuve, second base
- Justin Maxwell, center field
- Matt Downs, right field
- Carlos Lee, first base
- Chris Johnson, third base
- J.D. Martinez, left field
- Jason Castro, catcher
- Marwin González, shortstop
- Jordan Lyles, pitcher
- Jimmy Rollins, shortstop
- Juan Pierre, left field
- Shane Victorino, center field
- Hunter Pence, right field
- Plácido Polanco, third base
- John Mayberry Jr., first base
- Freddy Galvis, second base
- Brian Schneider, catcher
- Cliff Lee, pitcher
Phillies Notes: Jake Diekman made his MLB debut in this game. He entered in the ninth and pitched an inning and a third scoreless, earning his first career victory.
You can watch the full game by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “HOU at PHI May 15, 2012” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 5 Things We Learned From Bryce Harper’s Incredibly Honest Interview
- Pete Rose Accused Of Corking Bat For Portion Of Career
- What Was Ryan Howard’s Most Memorable Home Run? The Former MVP Answers…
- A Look Back At Some Phillies’ High School Careers In Other Sports
- Ruben Amaro Jr. Says He Never Wanted To Trade Cliff Lee
- Bryce Harper Says MLB Players Should Play In Olympics To Grow Sport
- Pitching Prospect Damon Jones Staying Ready For Next Opportunity, Whenever It May Come
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Bryce Harper: ‘Blackouts Are Killing The Game’
- These 10 Players Have Made The Most Money As Phillies