Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
May 13, 2015- Phillies 3, Pirates 2
The 2015 Phillies came into this game losing their last four. The last time they won, their ace Cole Hamels was on the mound. Hamels was on the mound again against a Pirates lineup that featured way too many current Phillies players.
The real story came at the very end. Jonathan Papelbon emerged from the bullpen to pitch a scoreless ninth inning. He earned his 113th save as a Phillie, surpassing José Mesa as the Phillies all-time leader in saves. Papelbon has Jeff Francoeur to thank for playing a major role in his record-breaking save.
Like him or not, it’s hard to ignore just how dominant Papelbon was.
- Josh Harrison, third base
- Sean Rodríguez, first base
- Andrew McCutchen, center field
- Starling Marte, left field
- Corey Hart, right field
- Francisco Cervelli, catcher
- Neil Walker, second base
- Jordy Mercer, shortstop
- Francisco Liriano, pitcher
- Ben Revere, center field
- Freddy Galvis, shortstop
- Chase Utley, second base
- Darin Ruf, left field
- Ryan Howard, first base
- Jeff Francoeur, right field
- César Hernández, second base
- Carlos Ruiz, catcher
- Cole Hamels, pitcher
You can watch the full game down below or by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “PIT at PHI May 13, 2015” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Bryce Harper Says MLB Players Should Play In Olympics To Grow Sport
- Pete Rose Accused Of Corking Bat For Portion Of Career
- What Was Ryan Howard’s Most Memorable Home Run? The Former MVP Answers…
- A Look Back At Some Phillies’ High School Careers In Other Sports
- Bryce Harper Admits He Loved Being A Villain At Citizens Bank Park
- Ruben Amaro Jr. Says He Never Wanted To Trade Cliff Lee
- Pitching Prospect Damon Jones Staying Ready For Next Opportunity, Whenever It May Come
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Bryce Harper: ‘Blackouts Are Killing The Game’
- Larry Bowa Thinks DH Should Become Universal Or Be Eliminated