In June of 2011, Cliff Lee turned in arguably the greatest month that a Philadelphia Phillie has ever had, going 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA and three complete-game shutouts.
Nine summers later, Phillies Nation will use the month of June to honor the former All-Star pitcher.
Throughout the month of June, Phillies Nation will revisit some of the finest moments of Lee’s two stints in Philadelphia, and speak to former teammates about what it was like to have a front-row view to his dominant peak.
The series will kick off Monday evening with Phillies Nation Assistant Editorial Director Jonny Heller revealing the 33 numbers that defined one of the greatest peaks that a starting pitching has had over the last 25 years.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 5 Things We Learned From Bryce Harper’s Incredibly Honest Interview
- MVP Voting Was Ridiculously Unkind To Chase Utley
- Power-Hitting Prospect Darick Hall Will Look To Continue His Approach When Baseball Returns
- Roy Halladay Pitched Through ‘Pop In Back’ During Game 5 of 2011 NLDS
- A Look Back At Some Phillies’ High School Careers In Other Sports
- Ruben Amaro Jr. Says He Never Wanted To Trade Cliff Lee
- Bryce Harper Says MLB Players Should Play In Olympics To Grow Sport
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- Bryce Harper: ‘Blackouts Are Killing The Game’
- These 10 Players Have Made The Most Money As Phillies