Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular-season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it is as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
June 21, 2015 – Phillies 9, Cardinals 2
Adam Morgan’s path to the big leagues featured more bumps in the road than usual. The Phillies’ 2011 third-round draftee missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing left shoulder surgery. He missed out on the fifth-starter job in spring training and was called up to the Phillies in June after not winning a single game down in Lehigh Valley. In his major-league debut, Morgan was tasked with facing one of the best teams in the NL in the St. Louis Cardinals with their ace Michael Wacha opposing him.
All he did was strike out six over 5 2/3 innings en route to his first professional victory since 2013. It was a pretty sweet Father’s Day present for his dad Wiley, who was in attendance along with the rest of the family.
The Phillies offense drove in all of the runs they needed in the second. Domonic Brown led the inning off with a double and the next batter Cody Asche drove him in with a two-bagger of his own. Later in the inning, César Hernández singled to right, driving in both Cameron Rupp and Freddy Galvis to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead.
Donning 1960s throwback uniforms, the Phillies went on to defeat the Cardinals by a score of 9-2. They avoided the sweep and won just their fifth game in the month of June.
- Randal Grichuk, left field
- Matt Carpenter, third base
- Jhonny Peralta, shortstop
- Mark Reynolds, first base
- Jason Heyward, right field
- Jon Jay, center field
- Tony Cruz, catcher
- Greg Garcia, second base
- Michael Wacha, pitcher
- Ben Revere, center field
- César Hernández, second base
- Maikel Franco, third base
- Ryan Howard, first base
- Domonic Brown, right field
- Cody Asche, left field
- Cameron Rupp, catcher
- Freddy Galvis, shortstop
- Adam Morgan, pitcher
You can watch the full game down below or by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put “SLN AT PHI – June 21, 2015” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Statistics of Cliff Lee’s Career
- Phillies’ First-Round Selection Mick Abel Greeted To Team With FaceTime Call From Bryce Harper
- Getting By Manny Ramirez Was One Of Phillies Biggest 2008 Accomplishments
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship
- Cliff Lee’s Single-Season Feat That May Never Be Matched Again
- Phillies Didn’t Think There Was ‘Any Chance’ Casey Martin Fell To Them In The Third Round
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- Phillies Phlashback: The Most Bizzare Ballpark Promotion In Team History