June 11, 2011 – Phillies 7, Cubs 1
In a game that began with a 32-minute rain delay, Cliff Lee posted a line of 8 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 7 K during a 7-1 win over the Chicago Cubs.
Following an error by Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney and a Shane Victorino single, Chase Utley gave the Phillies the early lead with a two-run double to deep left-center field in the first.
The Phillies offense came alive in the bottom of the seventh. Shane Victorino, who began the inning with a double down the third-base line, was driven in by Ryan Howard on single to right field. The run snapped a 14 1/3 scoreless streak by Chicago relievers.
Howard would then score on an opposite-field double by Raul Ibanez. This put the Phillies up 4-1.
The Phillies would score three more runs in the bottom of the eighth, which was capped off by a two-run home by Chase Utley and cruise to a 7-1 victory.
- Starlin Castro, shortstop
- Darwin Barney, second base
- Luis Montanez, right field
- Aramis Ramirez, third base
- Blake DeWitt, left field
- Geovany Soto, catcher
- Carlos Pena, first base
- Tyler Colvin, center field
- Matt Garza, pitcher
- Jimmy Rollins, shortstop
- Shane Victorino, center field
- Chase Utley, second base
- Ryan Howard, first base
- Placido Polanco, third base
- Raul Ibanez, left field
- Dominic Brown, right field
- Carlos Ruiz, catcher
- Cliff Lee, pitcher
You can watch the full game by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “CHN at PHI JUN 11, 2011” into the search bar and click on the video.
Interested In Betting On Baseball?
If you’ve ever been intrigued about the idea of betting on baseball but aren’t sure how to go about doing so, this MLB betting guide from My Top Sportsbooks is a great place to start with more positive news breaking this morning about the chances of a full MLB season this year.
According to AJC.com The Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says there is a “100%” chance of big league ball this year. Major League Baseball will make another proposal to start the pandemic-delayed season in empty ballparks, but Manfred vowed Wednesday to unilaterally order opening day if an agreement is not reached.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- MVP Voting Was Ridiculously Unkind To Chase Utley
- Power-Hitting Prospect Darick Hall Will Look To Continue His Approach When Baseball Returns
- Roy Halladay Pitched Through ‘Pop In Back’ During Game 5 of 2011 NLDS
- 5 Things We Learned From Bryce Harper’s Incredibly Honest Interview
- 6 Complete-Game Shutouts: Cliff Lee’s Single Season Feat That May Never Be Matched Again
- Ruben Amaro Jr. Says He Never Wanted To Trade Cliff Lee
- Phillies Phlashback: The Most Bizzare Ballpark Promotion In Team History
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- These 10 Players Have Made The Most Money As Phillies