Every day until Opening Day arrives, Phillies Nation will take a daily look back at a regular season victory from that particular day in history that you can watch in full in lieu of live Phillies baseball. Think of it as your daily Phillies watch recommendation.
June 14, 2014 – Phillies 7, Cubs 4
Two Phillies homered, Jimmy Rollins broke the team’s all-time hit record and the Phillies handled the Cubs, 7-4, on a Saturday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
Chase Utley got things started for the Phillies with a solo home run in the bottom of the first. After the Cubs tied things up in the second, the Phillies added three more on RBI singles from Carlos Ruiz and Ben Revere to make it a 4-1 advantage.
In the bottom of the fifth with the Phillies’ lead cut to 4-3, Jimmy Rollins laced a single to right field that made him the team’s all-time hits leader with 2,235. He was embraced by Mike Schmidt, the previous record holder, followed by the rest of his current teammates to celebrate the accomplishment.
After Marlon Byrd walked with two outs to put men on first and second, Domonic Brown ripped a home run to right field to give the Phillies a comfortable lead.
The team’s bullpen took care of business from there and the Phillies won, 7-4. David Buchanan came away with the win in a five inning, three run performance, and Jonathan Papelbon got his 15th save with a clean ninth.
- Junior Lake, center field
- Justin Ruggiano, left field
- Anthony Rizzo, first base
- Starlin Castro, shortstop
- Luis Valbuena, second base
- Nate Schierholtz, right field
- Mike Olt, third base
- Eli Whiteside, catcher
- Edwin Jackson, pitcher
- Ben Revere, center field
- Jimmy Rollins, shortstop
- Chase Utley, second base
- Ryan Howard, first base
- Marlon Byrd, right field
- Domonic Brown, left field
- Carlos Ruiz, catcher
- Reid Brignac, third base
- David Buchanan, pitcher
You can watch the full game down below or by using this link. You can also watch it on your Smart TV or streaming device with the YouTube app. Just put in “CHN at PHI – June 14, 2014” into the search bar and click on the video.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Statistics of Cliff Lee’s Career
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- MVP Voting Was Ridiculously Unkind To Chase Utley
- Power-Hitting Prospect Darick Hall Will Look To Continue His Approach When Baseball Returns
- Roy Halladay Pitched Through ‘Pop In Back’ During Game 5 of 2011 NLDS
- Cliff Lee’s Single-Season Feat That May Never Be Matched Again
- Bryce Harper Says MLB Players Should Play In Olympics To Grow Sport
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- These 10 Players Have Made The Most Money As Phillies