According to MassLive.com’s Red Sox insider Chris Cotillo, television broadcasters have been informed that they will be calling away games remotely for the 2020 season.
Tom McCarthy, the television voice of the Phillies, confirmed to Phillies Nation‘s Tim Kelly that the NBC Sports Philadelphia crew will call road games remotely.
Per Cotillo, radio broadcasters are permitted to attend road games meaning Scott Franzke and Kevin Frandsen will be doing road games from the stadium. Larry Andersen will continue doing just the home games.
So while Franzke and Frandsen will be permitted to be at Citi Field, for example, when the Phillies play the New York Mets, McCarthy, Ben Davis, John Kruk and Gregg Murphy will be left to call the game remotely.
The “neutral feed” that Cotillo refers to means that the visual presentation of the game will be provided by the home team and will be showing each team equally. It is likely that this will look something similar to the visual presentations that are seen on national broadcasts and the playoffs.
While broadcasters are a significant part of a team’s connection to fans and can provide insights that are more personal while traveling and interacting with the team, the soundtrack of summer will soon be back on your television or radio.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Cliff Lee’s Top 5 Starts As A Phillie
- Phillies’ First-Round Selection Mick Abel Greeted To Team With FaceTime Call From Bryce Harper
- Jayson Werth Explains Origins Of Hulk Fists, Reminisces About 2008
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Statistics of Cliff Lee’s Career
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship
- Phillies Didn’t Think There Was ‘Any Chance’ Casey Martin Fell To Them In The Third Round
- The Story Behind Cliff Lee’s ‘Ho-Hum’ World Series Catch
- Phillies Phlashback: The Most Bizzare Ballpark Promotion In Team History
- Bryce And Kayla Harper Announce They Are Expecting Second Child