Players are scheduled to report to Philadelphia for camps on Wednesday with the first full workouts taking place on Friday. Right now, groundskeepers and staff are hard at work getting both FDR Park and Citizens Bank Park prepared for the start of what will be one of the most unique spring trainings in the team’s history.
With 54 players and an array of support staff as well as coaches, spaces beyond the field at Citizens Bank Park are going to be needed for workouts. The Phillies have chosen to utilize Richie Ashburn Field I and II at FDR Park as extra field space. According to Matt Gelb of The Athletic, there is a chance fans could watch these workouts
Per Gelb, the team has discussed plans for fans to watch workouts at FDR Park from an unspecified distance. Most likely, big-time stars like Bryce Harper and Andrew McCutchen won’t be making a cameo appearance at either Richie Ashburn Field I or II. Fans will also most likely be asked to practice social distancing and wear masks. Citizens Bank Park will remain closed to the general public.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Story Behind Cliff Lee’s ‘Ho-Hum’ World Series Catch
- Phillies’ First-Round Selection Mick Abel Greeted To Team With FaceTime Call From Bryce Harper
- Jayson Werth Explains Origins Of Hulk Fists, Reminisces About 2008
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship
- Cliff Lee’s Single-Season Feat That May Never Be Matched Again
- Phillies Didn’t Think There Was ‘Any Chance’ Casey Martin Fell To Them In The Third Round
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- Phillies Phlashback: The Most Bizzare Ballpark Promotion In Team History