Although fans will not be permitted into games at Citizens Bank Park this year, there will still be entertainment for people to enjoy at the ballpark this summer.
As announced by Live Nation Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Phillies, Citizens Bank Park is scheduled to host the Live-In/Drive-In Concert Series, a collection of drive-in music and comedy concerts that will take place in the stadium’s parking lot. The concerts begin on Aug. 16, and will continue for four weeks.
“We are excited to enable music fans to once again enjoy live music safely as we unveil our Live-In/Drive-In series at Citizens Bank Park,” Live Nation Philadelphia regional president Geoff Gordon said. “We are grateful to the Philadelphia Phillies, the City of Philadelphia, the State of Pennsylvania, and the musicians and artists who are excited to get back out and perform live on stage in a socially distanced environment for their fans in Philly again.”
Comedian Bert Kreischer will be the first performance of the series. It will also feature acts such as Lotus, The Front Bottoms and Mt. Joy.
Concertgoers will be able to watch the shows from their cars, with audio broadcasted on an FM frequency and video displayed on large screens. They are permitted to leave their vehicles while wearing a mask to use portable bathrooms, which Live Nation says will be “continuously sanitized throughout each event.”
Presale tickets for Citi cardholders take place until Thursday, July 23. The general public can purchase tickets starting Friday, July 24, at 10 a.m.
Full Live-In/Drive-In schedule:
Sunday, Aug. 16 – Bert Kreischer
Wednesday, Aug. 19 – AJR
Friday, Aug. 21- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Saturday, Aug. 22 – The Struts
Sunday, Aug. 23 – The Front Bottoms
Tuesday, Aug. 25 – Mt. Joy
Wednesday, Aug. 26 – Subtronics
Thursday, Sept. 3 – Smith & Meyers
Friday, Sept. 4 – Lotus
Saturday, Sept. 5 – Dark Star Orchestra
Sunday, Sept. 6 – Dark Star Orchestra
Monday, Sept. 7 – Michael Blackson & Friends with special guest DJ Jazzy Jeff
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Remembering Bart Braun, Whose Fingerprints Are On Everyone In The Phillies Organization
- Bryce Harper Advocates For Spencer Howard To Be In Phillies Rotation
- Former Top Prospect Domonic Brown Returns To Reading, This Time As Youth Coach
- Didi Gregorius Says He Plans To Wear A Mask During Games
- Phillies Reportedly May Let J.T. Realmuto Test Free Agency
- Keith Law Discusses State Of Phillies Farm System
- Roman Quinn Says He’s A Fan Of MLB’s New Extra-Innings Rule
- Beyond Realmuto, Who Are Top Free Agents Next Offseason?
- Alec Bohm Calls Spencer Howard ‘One Of The Best Guys To Have In The Clubhouse’
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship