In a Zoom meeting with reporters Tuesday afternoon, Matt Klentak provided some key updates on the availability of multiple players in camp.
- Adam Haseley made his first appearance in camp Tuesday. He did not test positive for COVID-19 and was never exposed to the virus. His absence was a result of a lab error. He’s healthy and should be ready to contribute in camp soon.
- Héctor Neris has cleared all coronavirus protocols. He is back in camp today. Klentak said he is “great and ready to go.”
- Scott Kingery and Tommy Hunter both tested positive for coronavirus. Both are no longer positive. They are both feeling well and are just waiting to clear all protocols before appearing in camp.
- Three coaches have tested positive for the virus: bench coach Rob Thomson, bullpen coach Jim Gott, and catching coach Greg Brodzinski. This was part of the outbreak in Clearwater and all three are asymptomatic. Additionally, Mikie Mahtook tested positive for the virus during the intake process. He is also feeling well.
- Francisco Liriano is evaluating whether or not he wants to play the 2020 season.
- Klentak also confirmed that the Phillies have three exhibition games scheduled. The first is on July 18 vs. the Washington Nationals in D.C. The second is in Philly and will be against the Baltimore Orioles. They’ll wrap up their preseason schedule against the New York Yankees in the Bronx on the 20th. It is not known whether or not they will be televised. All games are scheduled to begin at 6:05 pm ET.
- Klentak anticipates that intrasquad games will begin either Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
Update 2:12 pm: According to MLB insider Robert Murray, a source says Liriano will report to camp on Wednesday.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Bryce Harper: It Would Be Terrible And Sad If Phillies Don’t Re-Sign J.T. Realmuto
- The Story Behind Cliff Lee’s ‘Ho-Hum’ World Series Catch
- Matt Klentak Says Phillies Will Continue To Consider Odubel Herrera
- Jayson Werth Explains Origins Of Hulk Fist, Reminisces About 2008
- Cliff Lee’s Top 5 Starts As A Phillie
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship
- Phillies Didn’t Think There Was ‘Any Chance’ Casey Martin Fell To Them In The Third Round
- David Robertson Expresses Optimism About Possible 2020 Return
- How Has Bryce Harper Fared Through 60 Games In Each Season Of His Career?