With workouts in Lehigh Valley now underway, the Philadelphia Phillies have added three prospects to their 60-man player pool.
Shortstop Bryson Stott, right-handed pitcher Adonis Medina and infielder/outfielder Austin Listi were added to the player pool, the team announced. These players will report to the Phillies’ alternate training site in Lehigh Valley.
Stott, 22, was drafted by the Phillies in the first round out of UNLV in 2019. He was ranked as the team’s third-best prospect by Phillies Nation in February, behind only Spencer Howard and Alec Bohm. Stott, a left-handed hitting shortstop, played four games in the Gulf Coast League after being drafted last year. He finished the season in short-season Class A with the Williamsport Crosscutters. Overall, Stott had an .885 OPS with six home runs in 48 minor-league games.
Medina, who is on the 40-man roster as well, was listed as the No. 7 prospect in the Phillies’ system in Phillies Nation‘s prospect list from February. He spent last season with the Double-A Reading Fightin Phils. Despite a stretch of very effective pitching near the middle of the year, it was a relatively disappointing season for the now-23-year-old. Medina had a 4.94 ERA in 105 2/3 innings for Reading. However, the right-hander is still young, and if starting does not work out, there is some thought that a move to the bullpen could work for Medina.
The 26-year-old Listi split last season between Double-A Reading and the Triple-A Lehigh Valley IronPigs. He hit 19 home runs in his 133 minor-league games last year, posting an OPS of .778. Defense is not exactly Listi’s calling card, but he has experience at multiple positions, seeing time at first base, third base, left field and right field in 2019.
Stott, Medina and Listi will join prospects such as Howard, Bohm, Damon Jones, Mauricio Llovera, Connor Brogdon, Rafael Marchan and others at the alternate training site.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Remembering Bart Braun, Whose Fingerprints Are On Everyone In The Phillies Organization
- Phillies’ 2020 Walk-Up Songs
- Joe Girardi Favors Postseason Expansion In Short And Long Term
- Rhys Hoskins Makes Another Adjustment To His Stance
- Former Top Prospect Domonic Brown Returns To Reading, This Time As Youth Coach
- Andrew McCutchen Leads Movement To Bring Unity Among All
- Didi Gregorius Says He Plans To Wear A Mask During Games
- Keith Law Discusses State Of Phillies Farm System
- Roman Quinn Says He’s A Fan Of MLB’s New Extra-Innings Rule
- Alec Bohm Calls Spencer Howard ‘One Of The Best Guys To Have In The Clubhouse’