Finally, some good news.
According to The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Matt Breen, Phillies pitching coach Bryan Price has been cleared to rejoin the team after being away during Saturday and Sunday’s games due to COVID-19 protocols:
Phillies general manager Matt Klentak confirmed to the collective media over Zoom this afternoon Price is set to rejoin the team.
“He has been cleared to return so not only will he be back Saturday but should be for whatever kind of workouts that we have, he should be able to participate in those as well,” Klentak said.
This comes after Phillies manager Joe Girardi told the collective media over Zoom this past Saturday that Price was absent from the team due to “a medical issue that I can’t discuss.”
Assistant pitching Dave Lundquist filled in for Price, who remained home after waking up ill which Klentak commended.
“I have to give a lot of credit to Bryan, credit to the Phillies medical team because he woke up not feeling great but in a typical season may not have been something to keep him away from the ballpark,” Klentak said. “Him understanding what is going on in our sport right now, I think he did the right thing for the team by reporting his symptom, by staying home, getting tested, by doing everything the right way and following the protocols to make sure that he didn’t come in and potentially impact someone else or the entire team.
Price, 58, did not test positive for COVID-19 and in fact felt better on Sunday but remained home as an extra form of precaution.
“He has been feeling fine really from the next day that he felt ill but he has stayed away. He has been a really good team player about it, communicated really well. He should be back with no other problems moving forward.”
In MLB’s last round of testing since Friday, it was reported that out of more than 6,400 tests, there have been no new positive results for COVID-19 among on-field personnel from the other 29 teams besides the Miami Marlins.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Remembering Bart Braun, Whose Fingerprints Are On Everyone In The Phillies Organization
- Phillies’ 2020 Walk-Up Songs
- Joe Girardi Favors Postseason Expansion In Short And Long Term
- Rhys Hoskins Makes Another Adjustment To His Stance
- Former Top Prospect Domonic Brown Returns To Reading, This Time As Youth Coach
- Andrew McCutchen Leads Movement To Bring Unity Among All
- Didi Gregorius Says He Plans To Wear A Mask During Games
- Keith Law Discusses State Of Phillies Farm System
- Roman Quinn Says He’s A Fan Of MLB’s New Extra-Innings Rule
- Alec Bohm Calls Spencer Howard ‘One Of The Best Guys To Have In The Clubhouse’