A familiar face returned to Citizens Bank Park this morning for Day 9 of summer camp.
According to The Athletic’s Matt Gelb, Scott Kingery was cleared and joined the Phillies today ahead of today’s workout.
Kingery has missed the first week of summer camp after testing positive for COVID-19 back in June.
The 26-year old had to test negative twice within a 24 hour time period before he could travel to Philadelphia from his home in Arizona.
Though the Phillies are holding an intrasquad game this afternoon, Kingery will not be seen taking reps at second base as the team will ease him back in, per Gelb.
Kingery hit .258/.315/.474/.788 with 102 hits, eight home runs and 35 RBIs in 126 games last year for the Phillies.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Story Behind Cliff Lee’s ‘Ho-Hum’ World Series Catch
- Phillies’ First-Round Selection Mick Abel Greeted To Team With FaceTime Call From Bryce Harper
- Jayson Werth Explains Origins Of Hulk Fists, Reminisces About 2008
- ‘The Real Deal:’ Read Cole Hamels’ Pre-Draft Scouting Report
- 4 Things We Learned From E:60’s Roy Halladay Documentary
- ‘We Got A Chance To Win This Whole Thing’: Mick Abel and the Jesuit Crusaders’ Run To The Oregon State Championship
- Cliff Lee’s Single-Season Feat That May Never Be Matched Again
- Phillies Didn’t Think There Was ‘Any Chance’ Casey Martin Fell To Them In The Third Round
- Do You Remember Who The Phillies Drafted Over Roy Halladay?
- Phillies Phlashback: The Most Bizzare Ballpark Promotion In Team History