Not even an endorsement deal with a competing company could keep Philadelphia Phillies right fielder Bryce Harper from paying tribute to the late Kobe Bryant on Sunday Night Baseball.
On what would have been Bryant’s 42nd birthday, Harper is wearing a Bryant jersey underneath his uniform, along with cleats and a wristband that feature Bryant’s logo:
Harper wearing cleats featuring Bryant’s logo is noteworthy because the logo is featured on Bryant’s signature Nike basketball shoes. Harper, of course, is endorsed by Under Armour.
Bryant, fourth in NBA history in points scored, tragically passed away in a helicopter accident in January. The Lower Merion graduate will continued to be honored tomorrow, as the date is Aug. 24 (8/24), and the two numbers that he wore during his illustrious career were No. 8 and No. 24.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Andrew McCutchen’s Cathartic Home Run Signaled The End Of A Grueling Journey
- Girardi On Fernando Tatís Jr.: ‘Let The Players Play‘
- Bohm’s Arrival Will Have Trickle-Down Effect on Scott Kingery, Jean Segura
- 4 Phillies Ranked In MLB Pipeline’s Top 100 Prospects
- Remembering Bart Braun, Whose Fingerprints Are On Everyone In The Phillies Organization
- Phillies’ 2020 Walk-Up Songs
- Joe Girardi Favors Postseason Expansion In Short And Long Term
- Phillies To Retire Dick Allen’s No. 15
- Former Top Prospect Domonic Brown Returns To Reading, This Time As Youth Coach
- Keith Law Discusses State Of Phillies Farm System