The Philadelphia Phillies 2020 season came to a disappointing end on Sunday as they missed out on the postseason by one game. Still, in a season full of deflating moments, we finally got to see the debut of highly-touted prospect Alec Bohm. The Phils rookie was one of the few bright spots during 2020.
Major League Baseball released rankings on the Top 25 Rookies of 2020 and Bohm lands seventh on the list. The former Wichita State product was also named to the 2020 All-Rookie Team. Kyle Lewis, Jake Cronenworth, Devin Williams, Tony Gonsolin, Luis Robert and Ke’Bryan Hayes have all ranked ahead of Bohm.
As Jonny Heller of Phillies Nation notes, Bohm finished tops in a number of categories among rookies this season and could get some consideration for Rookie of the Year despite not debuting until Aug. 3.
Bohm tallied his first big league hit, a double, on Aug. 14 against Baltimore. His first home run came on Aug. 23 in monster fashion, a 443-foot blast against Josh Tomlin of the Braves.
Despite some questions about Bohm’s defense and where his future could be in the field, the 24-year-old’s rookie campaign showed enough to make Phillies fans believe he could be a staple in the franchise for years to come.
Former Phillies prospect Sixto Sanchez was ranked 23rd on MLB.com’s list.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects
- Joe Girardi Still Views Scott Kingery As Starter, Predicts Bounce-Back Season In 2021
- With Emergence of Sixto Sánchez, Does Matt Klentak Feel More Pressure To Re-Sign J.T. Realmuto?
- What Position Is Alec Bohm’s Future At?
- Bryce Harper’s No. 3 Jersey Among Top Sellers In 2020
- Watch: One Phillie Apologized To Jackie Robinson For Ben Chapman’s Racism
- Rhys Hoskins: ‘Change Starts With These Conversations’
- Alec Bohm Named To MLB Pipeline’s All-Rookie Team
- Nick Pivetta’s Career In Philadelphia: A Brief Post-Mortem
- Phillies’ 2020 Walk-Up Songs