Philadelphia Phillies star outfielder Bryce Harper and his wife Kayla Harper announced the birth of their child on their Instagram pages on Sunday afternoon.
Brooklyn Elizabeth Harper is the Harpers’ second child and first daughter.
The couple also has a son, Krew Aron, who was born during August of last year.
Harper, 28, recently completed the second season of a 13-year, $330 million contract with the Phillies. Back at his introductory press conference after signing with the team in March of 2019, he mentioned the city of Philadelphia being a place he could raise his family and how that played into his decision to sign with the Phillies.
“[Philadelphia] felt like somewhere I could be for a long time, and that was important to me,” he said. “I’m going to grow my family in this city and that’s the biggest thing for me.”
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 5 Candidates Not Named Epstein That Could Replace Andy MacPhail
- Could The Phillies Non-Tender Seranthony Dominguez This Winter?
- The 11 Numbers That Define Jimmy Rollins’ Spectacular Career
- 6 Former Phillies Appear On 2021 Hall Of Fame Ballot
- Which Former Phillie(s) Could Return In 2021?
- Jean Segura’s Defensive Versatility Gives Phillies A Variety Of Options This Offseason
- Is George Springer Worthy Of A Long-Term Investment?
- Through 2 Years, Who Has Been Better – Bryce Harper Or Manny Machado?
- Jimmy Rollins’ ‘Team to Beat’ Quote Fueled An Incredible Phillies-Mets Rivalry In 2007
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects