Are you a college student looking to earn credits this upcoming summer while interning for one of Philadelphia’s longest-tenured sports sites? Well, you’re in luck because Phillies Nation is now taking applications for interns for the the 2021 season. This internship will provide you the unique chance to work with Phillies Nation CEO Brian Michael, Editorial Director Tim Kelly, Deputy Editorial Director Destiny Lugardo and our talented staff. This internship will allow you on-the-job training while you reach an extremely large audience.
Further information is available below on the three different positions you can apply for:
Social Media Intern
- Manage the Phillies Nation Twitter account during games three times a week. Tweet updates and highlight videos to our 50,000+ followers during the game.
- Schedule on this day history posts on Twitter and Facebook.
- Writing interns will be asked to do 150-250 word write-ups during two games per week. The write-ups will center around in-game highlights, such as if Bryce Harper hits a go-ahead home run or Aaron Nola throws a nasty pitch. Interns will be expected to watch the entirety of all games they are on-call for, and be able to turn around highlight articles in a timely manner.
- Audio/video interns will be asked to edit our podcast audio, upload it to YouTube/Soundcloud and create headliners that will be shared throughout the week.
- Willingness to begin on May 1, and stay through the final day of the season, potential playoff run included
- Openess to working on weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
All applications should include a resume, cover letter and five pertinent writing samples if you are applying for the writing internship. Letters of recommendation are not required, but certainly don’t hurt your case. Please specify which internship you are applying for. Applications should be submitted on our internship application page by Jan. 10, 2021.