The Philadelphia Phillies announced Joe Girardi’s 2021 coaching staff on Monday.
Joe Dillon will return for his second season as Phillies hitting coach. Rob Thomson (bench coach), Paco Figueroa (first base coach), Dusty Wathan (third base coach), Pedro Guerrero (assistant hitting coach), Juan Castro (infield coach), Bobby Meacham (coaching assistant) Bob Stumpo (bullpen catcher/catching coach) and Greg Brodzinski (bullpen catcher/catching coach) were all retained.
New Phillies pitching coach Caleb Cotham will not have an assistant pitching coach behind him. Dave Lundquist, who previously served as assistant pitching coach, will be the team’s new bullpen coach. He replaces Jim Gott, who the Phillies parted ways with earlier this offseason.
The Phillies also added a quality assurance coach in Mike Calitri. Calitri, 42, came to the Phillies in December 2017 after serving as a pro scout in Cleveland for five seasons. He previously held the title of manager, advance scouting for the Phillies the past three seasons under both Girardi and Gabe Kapler. He served as director of baseball operations at Vanderbilt University from 2005 to 2008. Cotham pitched for the Commodores from 2007 to 2009.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Top 10 Phillies Home Runs Of The 2020 Season
- Would Phillies Be Able To Compete In A Meaningful Way During J.T. Realmuto’s Remaining Peak Years?
- Phillies Should Avoid Banking On Spencer Howard As Key Starter In 2021
- 5 J.T. Realmuto Free Agency Scenarios That End In Him Signing Elsewhere
- What Was The Biggest Home Run Of Chase Utley’s Career?
- Phillies Trade For Intriguing Reliever José Alvarado
- Which Former Phillies Are Still Free Agents?
- The Hidden Value In J.T. Realmuto Lies Within His Improved Pitch-Framing Abilities
- What Does Joe Girardi Think Of The New Extra-Innings Rule?
- The Top 10 Phillies Home Runs At Citizens Bank Park