Mickey Moniak is probably the Phillies’ best option defensively in center field, even when you take into account Scott Kingery and Odúbel Herrera as options. He recovered and made a brilliant catch in yesterday’s game and on Zack Wheeler’s first pitch of the game, Moniak saved what would have been a double off the bat of Tommy La Stella.
It’ll be interesting to see how Statcast assesses the catch probability on this one. Moniak has struggled at the plate so far but in the outfield, the 22-year-old has gotten the job done.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- What’s The Latest On Cole Hamels?
- Aaron Nola Isn’t Perfect, But He’s An Ace
- Inside The Phillies Plan To Fix Former Top Prospect Scott Kingery
- With McCutchen Off To A Slow Start, Would Girardi Use Bryce Harper As Leadoff Hitter?
- What Fans Should Know Before Returning To Citizens Bank Park
- The 2020 Phillies Bullpen: Where Are They Now?
- What Will Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel’s Role Be In The Phillies Organization?
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014