The Phillies started the season 2-0, but did not hit a home run in either of their first two games.
That changed today, when catcher Andrew Knapp crushed a 3-1 pitch for a home run against Braves pitcher Ian Anderson in the second inning.
J.T. Realmuto is considered the best catcher in baseball, but Knapp’s play in 2020 has shown him to be a more than capable option on his counterpart’s days off. That continued on Sunday.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Inside The Phillies Plan To Fix Former Top Prospect Scott Kingery
- What Fans Should Know Before Returning To Citizens Bank Park
- Spencer Howard Will Wear Many Hats This Season
- What Will Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel’s Role Be In The Phillies Organization?
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014
- Former No. 1 Overall Pick To Attempt Comeback With Phillies Organization
- Reflecting On Aaron Nola’s Phillies Legacy So Far
- Bryce Harper’s Major Adjustment In The Outfield
- Report: Phillies Expected To Be Players In Next Offseason’s Historic SS Market