The Phillies defense was thought to be a major concern heading into the 2021 season. But, so far, it has been up to the challenge.
After making a great play in Thursday’s game, shortstop Didi Gregorius robbed a single from Atlanta Braves second baseman Ozzie Albies with this play.
Per Philadelphia Inquirer‘s Scott Lauber, the expected batting average when Albies made contact was .690.
Now, it will be up to the Phillies offense to win this game against the Braves.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Inside The Phillies Plan To Fix Former Top Prospect Scott Kingery
- What Fans Should Know Before Returning To Citizens Bank Park
- Spencer Howard Will Wear Many Hats This Season
- What Will Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel’s Role Be In The Phillies Organization?
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014
- Former No. 1 Overall Pick To Attempt Comeback With Phillies Organization
- Reflecting On Aaron Nola’s Phillies Legacy So Far
- Bryce Harper’s Major Adjustment In The Outfield
- Report: Phillies Expected To Be Players In Next Offseason’s Historic SS Market