In Friday night’s game, a Phillies fan and his dad decided to give a home run ball hit by Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman to a nearby young Braves fan.
While the Phillies fan had a little trouble getting the ball — he dropped it a couple times when it was thrown up to him — he went out of his way to make sure it went to the Braves fan, who was wearing a jersey with Freeman’s name on the back.
This didn’t go unnoticed. Before Sunday’s game, the Phillies fan got a baseball signed by Freeman and Phillies star Bryce Harper delivered by the reigning National League MVP himself:
This was a nice gesture from both teams to make the young fan’s day after his generosity on Friday.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Inside The Phillies Plan To Fix Former Top Prospect Scott Kingery
- Joe Girardi Not Ready To Jump To Conclusions In Center Field
- Brad Miller Revitalized His Career During First Stint With The Phillies
- What Fans Should Know Before Returning To Citizens Bank Park
- Spencer Howard Will Wear Many Hats This Season
- What Will Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel’s Role Be In The Phillies Organization?
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014
- Report: Phillies Expected To Be Players In Next Offseason’s Historic SS Market