Just like a few of their division rivals, the Philadelphia Phillies have had to deal with the injury bug early in the 2021 season.
At the very least, the Phillies got some clarity on a few matters Tuesday. Here are quite a few Phillies injury updates:
- J.T. Realmuto remains day-to-day with a left knee bruise. Realmuto did workout today, but he still feels the contusion “a little bit,” which is why he’s out of the lineup again Tuesday night. Fortunately for the Phillies, Andrew Knapp is back for their series opener against the Miami Marlins.
- Joe Girardi said that Bryce Harper told him both yesterday and today that “he’s good to go.” The six-time All-Star will hit in his customary third position tonight.
- Didi Gregorius has been placed on the 10-day injured list (retroactive to May 14), as he continues to deal with a right elbow impingement. Girardi said that the Phillies have struggled to get the swelling in Gregorius’ elbow to go down, and they’ll continue to hope for the best with regular treatment.
- JoJo Romero was transferred to the 60-day injured list, and Girardi said that the lefty will have season-ending Tommy John surgery next week in Los Angeles. Noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache will perform the procedure.
- Scott Kingery was placed on the seven-day concussion injured list, retroactive to May 17.
- Both reliever Archie Bradley and utility-man Ronald Torreyes have been activated from the injured list.
- Girardi sounded optimistic that both Matt Joyce (right calf) and Roman Quinn (right index finger laceration) could return relatively soon.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Will Be Forced To Consider Drastic Defensive Overhaul After 2021
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs
- Remember The Ryan Howard-Albert Pujols Trade Rumor?
- The Definitive Didi Gregorius Tweet Emoji Guide
- How Nick Maton Became The Phillies Most Valuable Bench Bat
- ]Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Typically Upbeat Roman Quinn Calls Latest IL Trip ‘Very Frustrating’
- Zack Wheeler on Andrew Knapp: ‘He Would Be Starting On Most Teams’
- Fightin Phils Excited By Electricity Francisco Morales Will Bring To Reading
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014