For the sixth time in his Phillies career, Bryce Harper hit a home run against his former team. Harper’s mammoth shot in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Washington Nationals went into the second deck and gave his team an early 1-0 lead.
Coming into today’s contest against the Nationals, Harper had hit only .167 since being hit in the face by Cardinals pitcher Genesis Cabrera. This home run was Harper’s first since returning from his injury and his seventh of the season.
Harper is now a career 5-for-12 with 3 home runs against Washington starter Eric Fedde.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs
- Remember The Ryan Howard-Albert Pujols Trade Rumor?
- The Definitive Didi Gregorius Tweet Emoji Guide
- How Nick Maton Became The Phillies Most Valuable Bench Bat
- Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel Making Return To Baseball At Double-A Reading
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Typically Upbeat Roman Quinn Calls Latest IL Trip ‘Very Frustrating’
- What’s The Latest On Cole Hamels?
- Fightin Phils Excited By Electricity Francisco Morales Will Bring To Reading
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014