For the second straight night against the Milwaukee Brewers, the Phillies took a big lead early. This time, it was shortstop Didi Gregorius who did the damage.
After a Rhys Hoskins RBI single and J.T. Realmuto walk to load the bases, Gregorius came up the plate with nobody out. He then crushed an 0-1 slider to the right-field bleachers to give the Phillies a 5-0 lead.
Gregorius has been prolific as a Phillie with the bases loaded, as he is 6-for-16 with three home runs and 19 RBIs in that situation. He is also one of the best shortstops in baseball at driving in runs. Since the start of the 2020 season, he is tops among all major league shortstops in RBIs.
If the Phillies hold their early lead, they will win their third straight and clinch this four-game set against Milwaukee.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Phillies Prospects: March 2021
- Rockies, Now Without A General Manager, ‘Contacted’ Rubén Amaro Jr.
- What’s The Latest On Cole Hamels?
- Aaron Nola Isn’t Perfect, But He’s An Ace
- Inside The Phillies Plan To Fix Former Top Prospect Scott Kingery
- Which Center Fielders Could The Phillies Target In A Trade?
- What Fans Should Know Before Returning To Citizens Bank Park
- What Will Former No. 1 Overall Pick Mark Appel’s Role Be In The Phillies Organization?
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been Traded For Another Future Phillie In 2014