Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Didi Gregorius continued the rehab process with the Triple-A Lehigh Valley IronPigs last week for a condition he’s been dealing with in his right elbow, and he seems to be making some progress.
“He looked fine the other day,” Lehigh Valley hitting coach Garey Ingram said Tuesday afternoon. “He did some tee work, did some front flip work. Looked perfectly fine to me. … He looked fine to me. Didn’t see any setbacks or anything.”
Gregorius hasn’t appeared in a rehab game in nearly two weeks while dealing with pseudogout in his right elbow. He did, however, travel with the IronPigs on their latest road series against the Worcester Red Sox. He spent last week with the team, not playing but working on his routine outside of the games.
“Didi was with us in Worcester, doing his rehab things,” Ingram said. “We just worked in the cage on some hitting. He does his rehab. He took some ground balls.”
The 31-year-old has been on the injured list with the elbow issue since May 18. He played five innings for Lehigh Valley on June 9 and again on June 10, going 3-for-4 with a double, home run and a walk.
Ingram, while not the one making decisions on when Gregorius will play, seemed optimistic about the shortstop’s current status.
“We have a daily plan that we do with him here while he’s with us” Ingram said, “and hopefully he can get back on track to get in a few more rehab games and get back to Philly where they need him most.”
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- John Kruk: Jimmy Rollins Is The Second Best Phillie Ever, Hall Of Fame Worthy
- Roundtable: What Throwback Uniforms Would You Like The Phillies To Wear As An Alternate?
- Bryce Harper Impressed By Bailey Falter: ‘He’s Nasty’
- Phillies Will Be Forced To Consider Drastic Defensive Overhaul After 2021
- Former Phillie Brock Stassi Happy To Be ‘Back Home’ In Phillies Organization
- Phillies Not Ruling Out The Possibility Of Seranthony Domínguez Pitching In 2021
- What Phillies Have A Chance To Make The All-Star Team?
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Stats Of Cliff Lee’s Career
- Former College Two-Way Standout Climbing Phillies’ Minor League Ranks As Pitcher
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs