When the Philadelphia Phillies host Fernando Tatís Jr. and the San Diego Padres on July 4, they’ll do so with an even more patriotic hat than the ones they typically wear.
New Era is now selling the Phillies 2021 MLB Independence Day cap, which looks like this:
Given that Fourth of July is a Sunday afternoon game this year, the Phillies will presumably be wearing their cream alternate jerseys. However, this hat would pretty clearly look better with their red pinstripes.
Still, the Phillies are better off than most teams, because red is their primary color. Teams were assigned either red or navy blue hats.
All players will be allowed to wear these socks, per Chris Creamer of SportsLogos.Net:
Strangely enough, it seems that the Padres may also be wearing red hats for July 4, despite navy blue seemingly making much more sense with any of their uniforms (and not clashing with the Phillies):
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Charlie Manuel Responds To Fan Who Says He ‘Cost The Phillies A World Series’
- Mickey Moniak Responds To Joe Girardi’s Comments, Sees Himself As Center Fielder
- The Phillies Are Sticking With Héctor Neris At Closer
- Phillies Will Be Forced To Consider Drastic Defensive Overhaul After 2021
- Phillies Not Ruling Out The Possibility Of Seranthony Domínguez Pitching In 2021
- How The Phillies Can Optimize Their Rotation With Light Schedule Ahead
- What Phillies Have A Chance To Make The All-Star Team?
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Stats Of Cliff Lee’s Career
- Former College Two-Way Standout Climbing Phillies’ Minor League Ranks As Pitcher
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs