In his first game back from injury, Phillies shortstop Didi Gregorius didn’t waste any time getting comfortable. He took Chris Paddack’s 86 mph changeup for a ride into the right field stands at Citizens Bank Park. One pitch earlier, Paddack just missed with an 85 mph changeup low and away. This time it caught just a little bit too much of the zone and Sir Didi took advantage.
The Phillies now have a 3-0 lead in game one of a crucial three-game series against the San Diego Padres. They jumped out to an early lead in the first inning, manufacturing two runs off of two hits and two groundouts. Zack Wheeler is dealing once again with no runs on four hits with six strikeouts through six innings. The real test will be maintaining this lead.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- A Fire Sale Isn’t Coming, But Selling Some Pieces May Make Sense For Phillies
- John Kruk: Jimmy Rollins Is The Second Best Phillie Ever, Hall Of Fame Worthy
- Former Minor League Star Dylan Cozens Now Chasing NFL Career
- New Phillies Prospect Has Qualities That Remind ISD Of Jeff Kent
- Roundtable: What Throwback Uniforms Would You Like The Phillies To Wear As An Alternate?
- Bryce Harper Impressed By Bailey Falter: ‘He’s Nasty’
- Phillies Will Be Forced To Consider Drastic Defensive Overhaul After 2021
- Former Phillie Brock Stassi Happy To Be ‘Back Home’ In Phillies Organization
- 33 Numbers To Remember: The Defining Stats Of Cliff Lee’s Career
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs