The Phillies have another game to play, but got off to a nice start on Sunday. After Jose Alvarado retired the side in the top of the 10th inning, J.T. Realmuto ripped an opposite field home run to give the Phillies the win and push them back over .500.
This home run comes after the game was suspended in the 10th inning last night due to rain. The Phillies held a 2-0 lead entering the top of the ninth, but Ranger Suarez allowed a two-run, game-tying home run to Jesus Aguilar.
The Phillies have now guaranteed a series split at the worst against the Marlins, a team that has tortured them in recent years. They look for the series win this afternoon as Zack Wheeler faces off against Braxton Garrett.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- ‘Man I Throw Hay Bales On A Trailer’: Christian McGowan Comes From Small Town To Phillies
- Spencer Howard To ‘Take The Reins Off,’ Build Pitch Count In Minors
- Cole Hamels Slated To Hold Showcase For Potential Suitors Later This Month
- Report: 9-Inning Doubleheaders Could Return In 2022
- Brian Barber On Mick Abel: ‘He’s Exactly What We Thought He Was Going To Be’
- Joe Girardi Is Feeling The Heat
- Brad Miller On Zack Wheeler: ‘It’s Cy Young, MVP – It’s All Of It’
- Exec On Gabe Kapler: ‘He Learned A Lot Of Lessons’ From Time With Phillies
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Makes Bid To Buy NBC Sports Philadelphia, Other Local Networks
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs