Don’t count Bryce Harper out of the NL MVP race just yet.
The slugging Phillies right fielder hit his 25th home run of the season in the third inning of Friday’s game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Believe it or not, it’s Harper’s third straight two-run blast. His last solo home run came 10 days ago against the DBacks.
The Phillies now lead the Diamondbacks 2-0 in the top of the fourth. They had a chance to add on another as J.T. Realmuto doubled after Harper’s at-bat. He was stranded at third base.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Seranthony Domínguez pitches on back-to-back nights for first time in rehab stint
- Listen: Tim Kelly talks Joe Girardi, Rhys Hoskins on SportsRadio WIP
- ‘I’m A Little Different Than Most’: Meet The Phillies’ Eccentric New Pitching Prospect
- Spencer Howard Gives Incredible Quote On His Time In Philly
- Cole Hamels Won’t Be Pitching For The Dodgers After All
- Phillies Nuggets: What Now For Alec Bohm
- Phillies Nuggets: Who’s Up Next On The Wall Of Fame?
- ‘Man I Throw Hay Bales On A Trailer’: Christian McGowan Comes From Small Town To Phillies
- Brian Barber On Mick Abel: ‘He’s Exactly What We Thought He Was Going To Be’
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs