A 3-0 deficit was quickly erased by the Philadelphia Phillies’ four-run third inning. Following victories in the first two games of the series, the Phillies are looking to clinch a series win and set up the sweep tomorrow versus the Washington Nationals. Rhys Hoskins’ monster two-run shot in the top of the fifth should aid in that effort.
Hoskins’ second extra-base hit of the night made it a 6-3 ballgame. With that home run, he moves ahead of Fernando Tatis Jr. into second place in the National League with 52 extra-base hits in 2021.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- ‘Man I Throw Hay Bales On A Trailer’: Christian McGowan Comes From Small Town To Phillies
- Report: ‘Primary Targets’ Of Phillies Are High-Leverage Relievers, No. 4 Starters
- Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Cole Hamels’ Showcase
- Report: Phillies Would Be Interested In Byron Buxton If Made Available
- Phillies 8th Rounder Jason Ruffcorn Brings ‘Signature’ Look In Relief
- Report: 9-Inning Doubleheaders Could Return In 2022
- Brian Barber On Mick Abel: ‘He’s Exactly What We Thought He Was Going To Be’
- Brad Miller On Zack Wheeler: ‘It’s Cy Young, MVP – It’s All Of It’
- Exec On Gabe Kapler: ‘He Learned A Lot Of Lessons’ From Time With Phillies
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs