The Philadelphia Phillies are turning back the clocks.
The team announced that most Monday-Thursday games in April, May and September will start at 6:45 p.m. ET –– a 20 minute difference from the typical 7:05 p.m. start time.
“For 2022, start times for most of our April, May and September games Monday through Thursday (17 games) will now be 6:45 p.m,” said John Weber, Phillies Senior Vice President, Ticket Operations & Projects. “Fans should visit phillies.com for the most up-to-date schedule.”
One possible reason for this is Philadelphia’s average game length. The Phillies were tied for fourth in average game length in 2021, with games usually lasting around three hours and 17 minutes. This length is six minutes longer than the league average of three hours and 11 minutes.
Earlier start times may lead to more enjoyable fan experiences–– which the Phillies are focused on, based on this press release. In addition to the time changes, they also previewed many of the promotions for next season. Some promotions include Nemours Opening Day, Citizens Phanatic Birthday, Postgame Concerts and fireworks.
“We are looking forward to an exciting 2022 season that features great matchups and a terrific lineup of promotions, giveaways and theme nights,” Weber said.
The Phillies open their 2022 regular season on the road on March 31 vs. the Houston Astros. Their home opener is April 8 vs. the Oakland Athletics.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Mock Offseason 1.0: Phillies Address Most Needs, But Still Need To Go Over The Luxury Tax Threshold
- Veteran MLB Writer Predicts Phillies Will Sign Michael Conforto, Kenley Jansen
- Bryce Harper’s Top 5 Home Runs Of 2021
- After Opting Out, Could Nick Castellanos Be A Target Of The Phillies?
- Add Chris Taylor To List Of Potential Free-Agent Targets For Phillies
- Why The Marlins Could Be An Even Bigger Problem For The Phillies In 2022
- Dodgers ‘Opener’ Corey Knebel Could Be A Fit For The Phillies
- Trevor Story Might Be Best Big-Ticket Target For Phillies This Winter
- J.T. Realmuto Could Have Been A Pro Athlete In Many Sports, According To His Former Coaches
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs