Thursday, it was revealed that the six-time All-Star second baseman will join the Legends Roster:
A first-round pick in the 2000 MLB Draft, Utley spent parts of 13 seasons with the Phillies, establishing himself as the greatest second baseman in franchise history, and one of the best that the sport has ever seen. Between 2005 and 2014, Utley’s 57.6 fWAR was the third-best mark among all position players in baseball, trailing only Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera.
In addition to Utley and Howard, former National League MVP Kirk Gibson is another new addition to the Legends Roster in this year’s version of the game.
While the 2022 regular season won’t start on time because of the owner-imposed lockout, MLB The Show 22 — with reigning American League MVP Shohei Ohtani as the cover athlete — is still set to be released on April 5.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Through 3 Years, Who Has Been Better — Bryce Harper Or Manny Machado
- 4 Former Phillies To Replace Kevin Frandsen On Radio Team In 2022
- Watch: One Phillie Apologized To Jackie Robinson For Ben Chapman’s Racism
- Bryce Harper Is Within Striking Distance Of A Home Run Milestone
- New Phillies Catcher Garrett Stubbs May Prove To Be An Ideal Fit In Philadelphia
- The 4 Phillies Who Would Be Most Affected By A Delayed/Shortened 2022 Season
- Former Phillie Urges Minor Leaguers To Unionize, Strike
- Matt Vierling’s Versatility Leaves Phillies With Options Post-Lockout
- Who Were The Best Hitting Pitchers To Play For The Phillies?
- This 2001 Top 10 Phillies Prospects List Is A Sight To Behold