Former Philadelphia Phillies first-round pick Adam Haseley is reportedly on the move after three major-league seasons with the team.
The Phillies agreed to trade the 25-year-old outfielder to the Chicago White Sox, according to a Tuesday morning report from The Athletic‘s Ken Rosenthal. Right-handed pitching prospect McKinley Moore is heading to Philadelphia in return, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.
Haseley was the eighth overall selection by the Phillies in the 2017 MLB draft. Working his way through the organization, he broke into the majors during the 2019 season to replace the injured Andrew McCutchen.
The left-handed hitter was solid as a rookie, batting .266/.324/.396 with five home runs in 67 games. He then appeared in 40 games in the shortened 2020 season, posting only a .690 OPS while struggling a bit defensively.
Haseley was the Phillies starting center fielder on opening day last season, going 4-for-21 with no walks in nine games to begin the year. The Phillies then announced that Haseley would be stepping away from the team for personal reasons. He returned to the minor leagues in June, but dealt with time on the injured list and never made it back to the majors with the team.
With Odúbel Herrera set to see a majority of the playing time in center field when healthy and Matt Vierling looking like a viable platoon option, there was no obvious spot on the roster for Haseley.
Mickey Moniak, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 draft, has outplayed Haseley this spring and appears to be a lock to make the roster out of camp as Herrera deals with a right oblique injury.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Forbes Says Phillies Franchise Value Increased By 12% From 2021
- The Best Lines From The Nick Castellanos Press Conference
- Aaron Nola Will Join Phillies Icons In Making Fifth Opening Day Start
- There’s Reportedly ‘Credible Buzz’ The Phillies Could Trade Alec Bohm
- Report: Phillies Were Unwilling To Give Kris Bryant More Than 5 Years
- Phillies To Rely On Kyle Schwarber’s Postseason Experience In Pursuit Of Red October
- Bryce Harper: ‘What A Lineup We’re About To Have’
- Phillies To Offer Season-Long ‘Ballpark Pass’
- Gregg Murphy Will See Expanded Role On Phillies Radio Network In 2022
- Apparently The Pirates Once Offered Barry Bonds In A Trade To The Phillies