The NBC Sports Group announced Wednesday that Peacock Premium will exclusively broadcast 18 Sunday MLB games. The Phillies will be featured twice:
- June 19 at. Washington Nationals (12 p.m. ET start)
- July 24 vs. Chicago Cubs (12 p.m. ET start)
The games will be produced by NBC Sports and will feature pre- and postgame shows. There’s no word yet on who will be calling these games and whether or not the network will turn to national voices or rely on local broadcasters who are already employed by one of the company’s regional sports networks. Not every game features a team like the Phillies whose RSN is NBC Sports, so it’s possible that the network has a dedicated national crew for the games.
While Xfinity TV and internet customers get Peacock Premium for free, everyone else will have to shell out an additional $4.99 per month for two months to watch two Phillies games that would usually be available on NBC Sports Philadelphia or MLB.tv for out-of-market fans.
Peacock’s new streaming package will also have an effect on all Phillies Sunday afternoon home games from May 8 to Sept. 4. Those games, which are usually scheduled for 1:05 p.m. ET, will now start at 1:35 p.m. to accommodate the new national timeslot.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Adding Nick Castellanos Should Fix What Was Broken With The Phillies Offense
- Fightins Closer Francisco Morales Could Be Next Reliever On Fast Track To Philadelphia
- ‘It’s A Great Story’: Joe Girardi Excited To Have Healthy Seranthony Domínguez
- Phillies Name Jimmy Rollins Special Advisor To The President Of Baseball Operations
- Larry Andersen Will Further Reduce His Radio Schedule In 2022
- Forbes Says Phillies Franchise Value Increased By 12% From 2021
- The Best Lines From The Nick Castellanos Press Conference
- Aaron Nola Will Join Phillies Icons In Making Fifth Opening Day Start
- Bryce Harper: ‘What A Lineup We’re About To Have’
- Apparently The Pirates Once Offered Barry Bonds In A Trade To The Phillies