Bryce Harper is DHing for a second-consecutive game on Monday. Manager Joe Girardi told reporters in Denver that Harper’s right elbow, his throwing elbow, is sore. It does not affect his swing, so he is clear to hit. He’ll DH for the remainder of the series.
During an April 11 win against the Mets, the broadcast showed Harper grabbing at his elbow after a throw to home. Girardi told reporters after the game that his elbow is OK. It appears that the injury is not serious, but it’s worth monitoring. So far this season, Harper is 8-for-37 with two home runs and nine RBIs.
In other lineup news, Alec Bohm makes his first start at third base since his three-error game last Monday. J.T. Realmuto, who has seemingly usurped Kyle Schwarber as the team’s preferred leadoff hitter, is batting first. Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia recently laid out the rest schedule for Realmuto for the remainder of the roadtrip. Realmuto will catch on Monday and Tuesday and receive a scheduled day off on Wednesday. Zach Eflin is scheduled to pitch the series finale on Wednesday.
Here is how the Phillies and Rockies line up for Monday’s series opener at Coors Field. Kris Bryant is not in the Colorado lineup.
- J.T. Realmuto, catcher
- Bryce Harper, designated hitter
- Nick Castellanos, right field
- Rhys Hoskins, first base
- Kyle Schwarber, left field
- Alec Bohm, third base
- Jean Segura, second base
- Bryson Stott, shortstop
- Matt Vierling, center field
Starting Pitcher: Aaron Nola
- Connor Joe, designated hitter,
- Charlie Blackmon, right field
- Randal Grichuk, center field
- C.J. Cron, first base
- Ryan McMahon, third base
- Brendan Rodgers, second base
- Elias Díaz, catcher
- Sam Hilliard, left field
- José Iglesias, shortstop
Starting Pitcher: Chad Kuhl
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Alec Bohm Had A Whirlwind Of A Monday Night — In Many Ways
- Dombrowski Compares Schwarber’s Leadership To Darren Daulton: ‘He’s Willing To Say Things’
- Roundtable: Who Will Lead The Phillies In Home Runs In 2022?
- Why Aren’t The Phillies Wearing Their Cream Alternate Uniforms
- Kevin Long Says Mickey Moniak’s Swing Adjustment Was ‘Easiest Fix I’ve Had’
- Fightins Closer Francisco Morales Could Be Next Reliever On Fast Track To Philadelphia
- ‘It’s A Great Story’: Joe Girardi Excited To Have Healthy Seranthony Domínguez
- Phillies Name Jimmy Rollins Special Advisor To The President Of Baseball Operations
- Bryce Harper: ‘What A Lineup We’re About To Have’