The Philadelphia Phillies powder blue throwback uniforms have arrived, just in time for the first #ThrowbackThursday of the 2022 season.
Just like the cream alternates — which the Phillies didn’t have for the first homestand of the season — the powder blue alternates were delayed in their arrival because of supply chain issues with Fanatics, which supplies the Nike uniforms used by all Major League Baseball teams.
But MLB.com‘s Todd Zolecki now says that the powder blue uniforms have arrived at Citizens Bank Park. Arguably the most popular uniform in team history will be worn when the Phillies finish off a four-game series with the Colorado Rockies Thursday afternoon.
Since the 2018 season, the Phillies have worn the powder blue uniforms for all home games played on Thursdays. The uniforms were actually the primary road jerseys that the Phillies wore from 1973 to 1988.
Over on Audacy Sports, I ranked the Phillies full uniform set as the 10th best in baseball before the season.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Sam Fuld Talks Decision To Demote Bryson Stott To Triple A
- Is There Value In Going Ballistic On An Umpire? Joe Girardi Weighs In.
- 2021 First-Round Pick Andrew Painter Strikes Out 13 Consecutive Batters For Single-A Clearwater
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Refelects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat
- Nick Castellanos Talks Supporting Alec Bohm After 3-Error Game: ‘I Didn’t Want Him To Feel Alone’
- What’s The Latest On JoJo Romero’s Recovery From Tommy John Surgery?
- The Phillies Should Give Alec Bohm A Chance To Thrive In The Leadoff Spot
- The New Score Bug On Phillies Telecasts Is Excellent
- For Now, Alec Bohm Will Have To Play Third Base. But Is There A Long-Term Fit?