Warner Media announced Monday in a press release that former Phillies second baseman Chase Utley will join his double play partner Jimmy Rollins in-studio as a guest analyst on the MLB on TBS Tuesday Night pre-and postgame shows on May 17. The two will be joined by host Lauren Shehadi and analyst Curtis Granderson. Utley will fill in for former Phillie Pedro Martinez that week.
MLB on TBS Leadoff kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET on May 17 and leads up to a 7:00 p.m. matchup between the Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox.
This is not Utley’s first venture into baseball media since he retired from the game after the 2018 season. Utley joined SportsNet LA as a Dodgers in-studio analyst for the 2019 season.
Both Utley and Rollins currently hold the title of special assistant to the president of baseball operations with their respective clubs. Rollins, who was named as a special advisor back in 2019, was appointed to his current position with the Phillies in March while Utley assumed a similar role with the Dodgers in 2019.
Rollins was hired as an analyst for TBS during the 2016 postseason.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- For Now, Joe Girardi’s Job Is Reportedly Safe
- The Phillies Really Pulled Off A Once-In-A-Generation Collapse
- ‘That Was Pretty Special’: Brad Miller Reflects On Best Moments With Phillies
- Phillies Honor Minor League Pitcher Who Is Battling Cancer
- Media Review: ESPN’s New Sunday Night Baseball Booth, In-Game Interviews
- Sam Fuld Talks Decision To Demote Bryson Stott To Triple A
- Is There Value In Going Ballistic On An Umpire? Joe Girardi Weighs In.
- 2021 First-Round Pick Andrew Painter Strikes Out 13 Consecutive Batters For Single-A Clearwater
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Reflects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat