Philadelphia Phillies Wall of Famer John Kruk announced Monday evening that his gallbladder surgery was successful:
Kruk last appeared in the NBC Sports Philadelphia booth alongside Tom McCarthy and Ben Davis last Friday, before announcing Saturday that he would be undergoing this procedure on Monday.
At that time, the 61-year-old said that he planned to return to his home in Florida to recover after surgery, but that “it shouldn’t be long” before he returns to the booth.
Former Phillies general manager Rubén Amaro Jr. is serving as the game analyst alongside McCarthy for Monday evening’s game against the Atlanta Braves.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Phillies Nuggets: How Close Is Alec Bohm To Unlocking His Power?
- Watch: Brett Myers’ Son Kolt Crushes Home Run
- Scott Kingery Assigned To Triple-A Lehigh Valley
- Analyzing Joe Girardi’s Decision-Making In Friday’s Win
- The Numbers Behind The Phillies’ Bizarre Cycle Drought
- For Now, Joe Girardi’s Job Is Reportedly Safe
- The Phillies Really Pulled Off A Once-In-A-Generation Collapse
- ‘That Was Pretty Special’: Brad Miller Reflects On Best Moments With Phillies
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Reflects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat