Philadelphia Phillies prospect Darick Hall earned his second straight Triple-A Player of the Week Award in the latest week of the minor-league season.
The IronPigs first baseman mashed against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, launching five home runs in their six-game series.
Lehigh Valley is now 13-11 on the season; Double-A Reading is 8-13; High-A Jersey Shore is 6-14; Low-A Clearwater is 9-9.
Hall shows power in SWB
The 26-year-old Hall unleashed his left-handed power bat against the RailRiders, logging five home runs and 10 RBIs as the IronPigs won four games in a row to end the series. His two-homer game in the first end of a doubleheader on Friday helped kick off the streak with an 11-3 rout.
After a rough 2021 season in which Hall took a while to get rolling at the plate, the former 14th-round pick is off to a strong start. Through 24 games, he’s hit 10 home runs while batting .293/.375/.707 so far this year. He ranks second in the International League in homers, and his 1.082 OPS ranks third.
Stott returns to minors
Phillies top prospect Bryson Stott returned to the minor leagues last week after starting the year in the majors. He started at third base on opening day, but lost most of his playing time as fellow infielders Alec Bohm, Didi Gregorius and Johan Camargo have performed well.
Despite hitting only .133 in nine major-league games, the former first-round pick had a strong first series with the IronPigs. Stott batted .304/.320/.609 with two doubles, a triple and a home run in his first six games of the minor-league season:
If the 24-year-old can get back on track in the batter’s box, perhaps another opportunity with the Phillies can present itself sooner than later.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Sam Fuld Talks Decision To Demote Bryson Stott To Triple A
- Is There Value In Going Ballistic On An Umpire? Joe Girardi Weighs In.
- 2021 First-Round Pick Andrew Painter Strikes Out 13 Consecutive Batters For Single-A Clearwater
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Refelects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat
- Nick Castellanos Talks Supporting Alec Bohm After 3-Error Game: ‘I Didn’t Want Him To Feel Alone’
- What’s The Latest On JoJo Romero’s Recovery From Tommy John Surgery?
- The Phillies Should Give Alec Bohm A Chance To Thrive In The Leadoff Spot
- The New Score Bug On Phillies Telecasts Is Excellent
- For Now, Alec Bohm Will Have To Play Third Base. But Is There A Long-Term Fit?